Walking our Spiritual Paths:
An Introduction to the Spirituality
of the Cherokee People
March 6-11, 2018
Arrival Tues. afternoon
with gathering at 7 p.m.
Depart Sunday morning
after church services.
For five days participants will study the spirituality of the Cherokee People with Native American presenters. The myths, rituals, history, art and food will slowly reveal the depth of Cherokee spirituality and offer participants a background to reflect on their own expression of spiritual growth. The times of prayer and theological reflection will integrate the learning with the participant’s own life experience.
To Be Explored…
– Traditional Cherokee Religion and Beliefs
– Cherokee history and Trail of Tears
– Cherokee Culture and Food
– Historical Grief and Inter-generational Trauma
– Integrating Christian worship with Native American symbols
– Visit to Kituwah, Cherokee Mother Town
Local Commuter = $200
Shared Room = $350
Private Room = $500
Includes lodging, program fees and some meals.
CCA makes room reservations.
**Partial scholarships available.
For 2018 registration brochure CLICK HERE
REGISTRATION DEADLINE = Feb. 10th
Schedule with presenters and additional information will be sent to those who register
– Catholic Committee of Appalachia
– Appalachian Ministries Education Resource Center (AMERC)
For more information contact:
Mary Herr – (828) 497-9498, email@example.com