Each year at our Annual Gathering, CCA awards at least one person and one group for their tireless works on issues of justice in Appalachia. Nominate someone you think deserves it today! Email your Nomination Application by August 1st each year. See form below.
Bishop Sullivan Peace & Justice Award
Nominate any person who meets the following criteria:
- At least 10 years experience in Peace and Justice-type work in Appalachia, e.g., housing minorities, community organizing, prisons, environment, worker’s rights, women’s empowerment, health issues, education, living wage, dismantling racism, death penalty moratorium, etc.
- The nominee is to be a person who is supportive of the Appalachian pastoral messages: This Land is Home to Me and At Home in the Web of Life.
- The nominee is to be a compassionate person.
Nominate any group or organization that meets the following criteria:
- An exemplary expression of Catholic social teaching.
- Actions which make the Gospel concrete in Appalachia.
- Ministering to people where they are.
- A tradition of service.
- An appreciation of Appalachia.
**Awards are presented at each Annual Meeting, Saturday evening following dinner.
AWARD NOMINATION APPLICATION FORM – email the following information to CCA’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st.
1) Your name
2) Your phone
3) Your email
4) Nominee for Bishop Sullivan Award
5) Nominee for FOCIS Award
6) Write a paragraph on how your nominee meets the above criteria for the Bishop Sullivan Peace & Justice Award and/or the FOCIS Award. Be specific about the organizations, groups, activities or events with which your nominees have been involved.
BISHOP SULLIVAN AWARDEES AND THE YEARS THEY RECEIVED
FOCIS AWARDEES AND THE YEARS THEY RECEIVED